Remedial Comics
September 21, 2021, 06:29:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out Wonder Weenies every Tuesday and Thursday.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post Jitter  (Read 16426 times)
Rob
I write therefore I am
Administrator
Ash

RC Score: +16/-0

Blah Blah!

« on: June 16, 2009, 12:56:49 AM »

Once I get a few paragraphs into a post the window refuses to scroll down further and although I can continue to type the cursor remains below the edge of the window and every time I type a letter it pops down to where the letter was typed and then back up to where the portion of text it will show is; creating a sort of jitter up and down as I type.

Anyone else having this problem? I realize few of you make posts long enough that you would even notice it if it was happening. Check it out for me if you have a minute and see if once you get past a couple paragraphs the window starts to jitter on you.

I'm going to check my other computer to see if it is happening on more than one machine. It might just be my comp. Huh

Junodog
Mugger

RC Score: +26/-0

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 12:09:50 PM »

That doesn't sound good.  I haven't had any problems like that, though, and most of my posts have been pretty lengthy.
Citi
Global Moderator
Wonder Weenie

RC Score: +9007/-2

Too fast

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »

Get a new OS.

C
I
T
I
V
S
Rob
I write therefore I am
Administrator
Ash

Blah Blah!

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »

That's your answer for everything. How about I get Windows 7 to replace my Windows XP Pro? Huh? How would you like that? That would fix ya.  Kiss

Citi
Global Moderator
Wonder Weenie

Too fast

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 10:44:12 AM »

You still use XP Pro? You're not quite as dumb as I was giving you credit for. You're still not using the best OS though.

C
I
T
I
V
S
Rob
I write therefore I am
Administrator
Ash

Blah Blah!

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »

You've been smited for impertinance.  Angry
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 03:13:38 PM by Rob » Logged

Citi
Global Moderator
Wonder Weenie

Too fast

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 11:10:21 AM »

Dude...

I was saying congrats for being smart enough to stick with XP. If I still used windows, it's what I'd be using.

...and I was just thinking yesterday about how I'd probably never be smited.  Undecided

C
I
T
I
V
S
Rob
I write therefore I am
Administrator
Ash

Blah Blah!

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »

You still use XP Pro? You're not quite as dumb as I was giving you credit for. You're still not using the best OS though.

Oh, oh I see it now. I'm not as dumb as you thought I was I'm just mostly as dumb as you thought I was. I totally see the compliment now. Thanks for lightening my steps through this weary world. You've made my day.

Now I smite you for disingenuousness Cheesy

Junodog
Mugger

RC Score: +26/-0

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 04:30:02 PM »

So, uh, have you figured out what the deal was yet?  Although the most helpful thing I can say is to see if you can isolate the factor that causes it (i.e., browser, OS, computer, something else that I had thought of earlier but I forgot it by now) and mess around with that, which seems like something you'd have thought of by now.
Citi
Global Moderator
Wonder Weenie

Too fast

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 11:10:31 AM »

Oh, oh I see it now. I'm not as dumb as you thought I was I'm just mostly as dumb as you thought I was. I totally see the compliment now. Thanks for lightening my steps through this weary world. You've made my day.

Now I smite you for disingenuousness Cheesy

First it's the rowdy grifball kids acting up, then it's the former commissioner...I guess my rubber hose will need to be fast and far reaching.

Hit me up on AIM sometime, I have some big news.

C
I
T
I
V
S
Rob
I write therefore I am
Administrator
Ash

Blah Blah!

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 05:51:35 PM »

Yeah, I never understood the rubber hose comments Jack used to make and you have adopted. Am I supposed to be afraid of a rubber hose?  Undecided

I'm modeling my ass off for this Remedy short I'm working on and I'm digging a hole in the yard for my sisters above ground pool so I'm up to my ass in it but I'll try and remember to put AIM on the next time I sit down at the PC. Right now, I have to go do some more digging while there is still light.  Wink

Citi
Global Moderator
Wonder Weenie

Too fast

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »

You've obviously never been hit with a rubber hose.

C
I
T
I
V
S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: