News:

Check out Remedy every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Main Menu

Fotawgrephey

Started by Junodog, July 02, 2009, 08:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzyglowi

When we went to get Bee the shelter was actually having a 2-for-1 sale on any cats/kittens because they had so many. I was terribly terribly sad that I could not get another, but as the short says, at 3 cats you start to become that person... with all the cats...

Besides, we figured throwing one kitten at Mercutio was bad enough already; no need to overwhelm him.

Rob

When I got Storm I asked for a Russion Blue at the pound. I researched it and it seemed like the breed for me (turned out I was right); hardly ever sheds, friendly but very independant, known for being quiet, just an all around low maintenance cat. He has a real rebellious streak in that he's thickheaded about things I don't want him doing and it took a long time for him to understand that I'm his master and not the other way around but we've reached detante at this point.

Anyway, they told me they didn't have any but about two weeks later they called me up and said they got one from a family who's new baby was allergic and that I could come up and take a look at him.

So I drove about forty minutes one way to get there the next day and he was gone.

Not adopted by someone else, just gone. At some point during the night he figured out the latch on his cage and pulled a Chuck Norris. I went home. It took them three days to catch him. They couldn't figure out where in the pound he was hiding but he finally came out for some food and water they left out and thier night person pounced on him.

So he's smart, but he rarely uses his powers for good.

Like most cat's he's a self serving sonofabitch.  ;)

bzyglowi

Hehehe. Bee was an escape kitty too. When they opened the cage to get another kitten out she bolted out the door and dashed across the room. We still have to keep an eye on the door because she's dashed out of our apartment before and almost made it to the front entrance. We've also been having some issues with her jumping onto the stove to get at the food in the pots. D: She's still pretty young (only 4 1/2 months) so hopefully we can get her to understand but for right now... it's a pain.

Junodog

Our first cat was from a litter, but the other two were literally adopted off the streets.  One of those two, Salem, gave me a bloody nose once when I was like nine or ten.  I was bothering her too much, and I got a claw right up the nostril.  But at the same time, she was the official greeter when people came into the store.  And deceptively cute:

She lasted the longest out of the three cats we had.  She had to have been at least fifteen when she disappeared, and she was in great shape up until the end, which sadly was when I was away at my first semester of college.

I am really in love with the idea of getting another cat, but until then, I have Juno.  Who likes to roll in the snow.  In July.  During that same hike I posted pictures of earlier, actually.

Junodog

Here's a new drawing of the same character I shared a drawing of... a while ago:

Rob

Wow. Much improved. And he's got spirit.  ;)

Junodog

;D  Thanks.

Here's a bear that tried to get into the garbage shed that belongs to the restaurant across the alley.  The same restaurant, I might add, that Heidi Montag's parents own and run.  Why am I talking about someone from The Hills, one of the most ridiculous (and stupid/pointless) reality TV shows in existence?  Because so far she's the only person I know of who was raised in Crested Butte who's incredibly famous.  But enough about that, she's boring.  This is a BEAR we're talking about here, and I actually got multiple DECENT pictures.  This is IMPORTANT to me because it gives me a reason to randomly type in ALL CAPS.

He kind of got sick of the camera flash after a while, so the fourth picture isn't quite as exciting.

Edit: And yeah, those were taken from inside my house.  We opened the window so that the flash wouldn't reflect off of the glass and completely obscure the bear.

Rob

I don't do reality television. And I give that the same weight as when I say I don't do crack. So I have no idea what that show is or who Heidi is yodeling.

The bear looks cool though. He was just looking for some pic-a-nic baskets. And maybe Boo Boo's murderer.

I think that those pictures are from the set of CSI:Yellowstone where Yogi finds Boo Boo in a garbage dumpster and has to solve the crime before the vet puts him down.  ;D

Junodog

Yeah, I've seen about... five minutes of that show, and that was because my roommate was watching it.  From what I've heard, it's not so much a reality TV show as a poorly scripted soap opera.  And when I say poorly scripted, I mean poorly scripted even by soap opera standards.

And what do you mean Boo Boo was murdered?  I-I never got to t-tell him my feelings for h-h-him...  :'(

Rob

It's ok. He's in a better place now. And by better place I mean Jim's Army and Navy on 5th and Main. They had him stuffed and now tourists take pictures with him. ;D

Junodog

Oh, sure, he's in a better place...  But where does that leave me? :-\

Junodog

Moar art of that character I shared a while ago, except now he's a wolf:

Not done yet, of course, it's lacking the finer details and I want to change the tail so that it's not sticking out at what I feel is a ridiculous angle...

And to keep things interesting, here's something fun I found while playing with google maps:

Now, I realize they have a lot of area to cover, but... hitting our highway while it's under construction just makes it seem like they have a bad sense of timing.  Guess they can't really check for construction projects beforehand because of all the stuff they have to do.  I dunno, I thought it was funny. >.>