News:

We are back in a big way baby! New Site Redesign and new Remedy Comics every Monday Wednesday and Friday.

Main Menu

Post Jitter

Started by Rob, June 16, 2009, 05:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Once I get a few paragraphs into a post the window refuses to scroll down further and although I can continue to type the cursor remains below the edge of the window and every time I type a letter it pops down to where the letter was typed and then back up to where the portion of text it will show is; creating a sort of jitter up and down as I type.

Anyone else having this problem? I realize few of you make posts long enough that you would even notice it if it was happening. Check it out for me if you have a minute and see if once you get past a couple paragraphs the window starts to jitter on you.

I'm going to check my other computer to see if it is happening on more than one machine. It might just be my comp. ???

Junodog

That doesn't sound good.  I haven't had any problems like that, though, and most of my posts have been pretty lengthy.

Citi

C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

That's your answer for everything. How about I get Windows 7 to replace my Windows XP Pro? Huh? How would you like that? That would fix ya.  :-*

Citi

You still use XP Pro? You're not quite as dumb as I was giving you credit for. You're still not using the best OS though.
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

You've been smited for impertinance.  >:(

Citi

Dude...

I was saying congrats for being smart enough to stick with XP. If I still used windows, it's what I'd be using.

...and I was just thinking yesterday about how I'd probably never be smited.  :-\
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

QuoteYou still use XP Pro? You're not quite as dumb as I was giving you credit for. You're still not using the best OS though.

Oh, oh I see it now. I'm not as dumb as you thought I was I'm just mostly as dumb as you thought I was. I totally see the compliment now. Thanks for lightening my steps through this weary world. You've made my day.

Now I smite you for disingenuousness :D

Junodog

So, uh, have you figured out what the deal was yet?  Although the most helpful thing I can say is to see if you can isolate the factor that causes it (i.e., browser, OS, computer, something else that I had thought of earlier but I forgot it by now) and mess around with that, which seems like something you'd have thought of by now.

Citi

Quote from: Rob on June 18, 2009, 08:12:24 PM
QuoteYou still use XP Pro? You're not quite as dumb as I was giving you credit for. You're still not using the best OS though.

Oh, oh I see it now. I'm not as dumb as you thought I was I'm just mostly as dumb as you thought I was. I totally see the compliment now. Thanks for lightening my steps through this weary world. You've made my day.

Now I smite you for disingenuousness :D

First it's the rowdy grifball kids acting up, then it's the former commissioner...I guess my rubber hose will need to be fast and far reaching.

Hit me up on AIM sometime, I have some big news.
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

Yeah, I never understood the rubber hose comments Jack used to make and you have adopted. Am I supposed to be afraid of a rubber hose?  :-\

I'm modeling my ass off for this Remedy short I'm working on and I'm digging a hole in the yard for my sisters above ground pool so I'm up to my ass in it but I'll try and remember to put AIM on the next time I sit down at the PC. Right now, I have to go do some more digging while there is still light.  ;)

Citi

You've obviously never been hit with a rubber hose.
C
I
T
I
V
S