News:

Check out Remedy every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Main Menu

Burn Notice (USA)

Started by Rob, June 07, 2009, 10:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

This is pretty much the only show I go out of my way to watch these days. I really didn't know the star before the show started (Jeffrey Donovan) but the rest of the cast represents folks I've been watching for years. I've had a thing for Gabrielle Anwar since she danced with Pacino in "Scent of a Woman." And what can I say about Bruce Campbell? I'll watch the guy in anything. Anything. Got a video of him washing his frickin' dog and taking out the trash? I'm there. The show is smart, and it's good at making me feel smart for watching it. That's an hour of entertainment and a confidence booster. Even Sharon Gless is an old acquaintance from her "Cagney and Lacey" days. If your looking for a description of the show the best I can come up with is a combination of Bill Bixby's "Incredible Hulk" and "Have Gun Will Travel" combined with "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and "The Recruit." Only better, and with Bruce Campbell. I know I already said that. I don't care. Go watch it.

Rob

FYI Season 3 just started and if the first episode is any indication it seems to be firing on all cylinders.  ;)

RomanArrow

This is my favorite TV show now.  I've been watching/discussing it religiously since the pilot episode.  I wasn't particularly impressed by the new season so far because it had all of 3 lines about the overarching story line.  It makes me happy when they spend at least a quarter of an episode devoted to that (like with Carla). 

I don't know if you've seen it, but Royal Pains is almost exactly like Burn Notice but set in the hamptons (and with less guns).  It has the same style of story, same camerawork, same edit motif, nearly the same anything.  Would you happen do to know if it's the same people producing Royal Pains as Burn Notice?
Moderator: Here to help.

Rob

Someone didn't read my "In Plain Sight" review.  >:(

jstofko

Me too!  Ditto... and, all that.  Burn Notice is one of the best shows on television. I've been watching since it first debuted. The casting is great... especially Sharon Gless and Bruce Campbell... who I thought was fun in the campy The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., which reminded me a little bit of The Wild, Wild West. As for Gabrielle Anwar... treat for the eyes...!  And, what an awesome job with her American accent. As I am sure you know, she is a true product of the UK and her natural speaking voice is distinctively British Isles ...

Someday, I shall have to rant about all the great shows that have been canceled, well before their time... like Joss Whedon's FIREFLY and.... SMITH with Ray Liotta, Virginia Madsen, a stellar cast... and production values straight out of Hollywood...     

Thankfully, Burn Notice continues....