News:

Check out Remedy every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Main Menu

Remington Steele (NBC - '82-'87)

Started by Junodog, June 25, 2009, 06:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junodog

So... Remington Steele.  I just started watching it with my mom this summer.  She loves it, and I can see why.
The basic premise is that this woman, Laura Holt (Stephanie Zimbalist) started working as a private investigator, but since she was a woman she didn't get any customers.  So, she made up this guy called Remington Steele who was the 'head' of a PI firm(?) and all of a sudden she got a lot of clients.  Then this former thief/con man-type person (Pierce Brosnan) shows up and assumes the role of Remington Steele.  This happens in the first episode.
So basically the series is about them solving crimes and occasionally getting 'Mr. Steele' out of trouble, plus some 'do we love each other or not' stuff going on between Laura and 'Remington.'  I like it because it has a fair amount of comedy and the show is predictable in that you always have a pretty happy ending, but the mysteries themselves aren't so predictable.  It's just a nice, simple show that's good for casual viewing.
I don't know whether they show reruns on TV at all (we don't even have basic cable) but it's on hulu and I did find it in the iTunes store a couple weeks back...

Rob

I was 12 when it came on the air and 17 when it went off. Great show. Always liked it. As much as I like Bruce Willis I never liked that "Moonlighting" got all this credit for being this great show when it came on the air three years after Remington Steele and pretty much ripped off the formula.

Both shows had the same downfall though. After the two leads hooked up the stories went to crap.

But I've probably seen every episode of this show. Good stuff from the 80's was hard to find.  ;D

Junodog

Quote from: Rob on June 25, 2009, 06:36:58 AM
Both shows had the same downfall though. After the two leads hooked up the stories went to crap.
Haven't gotten that far yet.  You spoiler'd me! >:(  (Ha ha, just kidding.  I figured they'd hook up eventually...)

Today we watched... 'Now You Steele it, Now You Don't' I think is what it was called.  And today I realized that all the episode titles have some sort of 'Steele' pun in them. :D