News:

Check out Remedy every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Main Menu

Wanted

Started by Rob, June 07, 2009, 10:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Another comic book adaptation. I'm going to be right up front with you. I'm not a fan of Angelina Jolie. I know I'm in the minority here. I just haven't seen her in a movie I liked her in since "Hackers." I thought the Lara Croft movies were utter crap and "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" was just preposterous (and a rip off of "True Lies"). That said I really enjoyed "Wanted." Maybe it was because my expectations were pretty low but I don't think that's entirely it. The story will not change the face of modern film but the action sequences are excellent and the director really seemed to know what he was doing stylistically. And that really is what you have to come to "Wanted" wanting. Some action I mean. The main reason I went to see the movie was Morgan Freeman. He basically plays the same character in every movie he's in (his character's motivations change but his tone of voice and facial expressions never do); but it's such a great character I never get tired of seeing it. He turns every movie into the "Shawshank Redemption." In short this movie is fun. I recommend renting it if you haven't seen it. If you are a die hard Angelina Jolie fan you may want to pick up a copy.