News:

Check out Remedy every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Main Menu

Citi

Started by Rob, May 25, 2009, 02:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citi

Reserved for a reply when I'm sober  ;)
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

Quote from: Citi on July 11, 2009, 05:55:09 AM
Reserved for a reply when I'm sober  ;)

So basically never then? Happy cirrosis! ;D

RomanArrow

SNGB lasted for a little while, but now it's only really used for the championship games.  I think some members have tried to host Grifball Podcasts, but none of them have been as successful as the Explosion.  I kinda miss those days now  :(.
Moderator: Here to help.

Citi

Ok, now I'm hungover  :(

Rob is now considered the most "fair" commish grifball has ever had, and would always reply extremely quickly to questions people asked him. He came up with the most creative new ideas. (BTW Quik, regular season SNG games have faded away, but they're really picked up during the playoffs, especially when teams want to play on a neutral host. The WL09 Legacy Championships were broadcast and played on a neutral host, as were the SL09 Amateur and Pro Championships. Grifballhub.com and grifball.org each run their own weekly podcast, too.)

What you said about your team was true though. Even when we started putting together "Super teams", Cannonball was still almost impossible to beat. You guys may have been getting outslayed like mad, but your defense was airtight. It's unfortunate that you got knocked out when someone decided to cheat, I was looking forward to the Cannonball - Grunts of Fury rematch.
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

We never actually lost to any (at the time) legacy team. I think in the end we just beat ourselves. I don't want to take anything away fromt he guys that finally knocked us out (they were an excellent team), but towards that last game two of us had announced our impending retirement already and two others had already announced they were leaving the team.

You go into your final games knowing that it's over already and it really makes a difference in your head. But we didn't lose because jabberjaw cheated and was temporarily benched. He was back in status and played in that game.

The other kid... the one who went to SYLAL. He showed up less than a minute before the game was supposed to start and had no warmup so Nico left him out. It was the right decision because he was so late and had no wrmup. But that is probably one of the things that led to the defeat. And no I don't mean Nico benching him, I mean him showing up late and not practicing.

It was a great run though. I bet we still  have the longest undefeated streak of any team since we went almost two full season without losing a game.

I'm glad SNGB is used for something. The nuetral host factor was something I never considered but I guess that can be a pretty big selling point. Does it work better now that party chat is in place? It seems to me that that push to talk crap was the biggest impediment and once it was gone I was hoping the show would really take off. That plus the Sandbox map Bungie built should have brought a real rennaissance for the game.

The podcast I knew just wasn't going to last without Rooster Teeth involvement and the titular leader of the league on hand every week. Sure some will show up to hear themselves on the podcast and some will show up to listen to themselves get interviewed but it was stuff like the Sarge interview, the Andy interview and the promised (and I would have gotten them if I had more time) Grif and Burnie interviews that really kept the show alive and kept people coming back for more and telling others about it.

But the PAX thing will be good too. Just as long as it's done professionally. Watch out for people with thier chests puffed out looking to grandstand. Pretend you are talking about drywall installation or some other boring topic. Be informative but very matter of fact. Be charming but don't overdo it. And you will be great.

Good luck.  ;)

RomanArrow

Menz is going to totally ignore that last paragraph.  His ego will take over at PAX.
Moderator: Here to help.

Citi

Quote from: RomanArrow on July 11, 2009, 05:53:26 PM
Menz is going to totally ignore that last paragraph.  His ego will take over at PAX.

I'm e-famous!
C
I
T
I
V
S

Citi

ZOMG guess what this weekend is!
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

Citi

PAX, my friend. "Speaker" pass is awesome. Like, for real.
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

Write it up with any video or pictures and I'll put it on the front page if you want. If instead you plan on doing something with one of the multitude of Grifball sites as far as reporting about it I'll mention it and link to it.

Hope you have a good time.

At the very least let us all know here how it went.  ;)

Citi

C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

That was... emotional. I don't know how Burnie felt about it but for me it was like watching everything that I worked so hard for coming to fruition. Almost everyone up there was related to the work I did some how.

Everyone listed my season as Commissioner (except for you, you bastard  :D) as thier favorite. 

I even got mentioned once. LOL. By Moocow of all people. The only guy besides the Grifball Hub guy on the panel who I didn't have much interaction with.

Ah well. It's nice to see it all grown up and out on it's own.

Maybe I'll come back some day and pwn all you suckers.  ;D

Citi

Just wait until you hear the announcement we didn't get to make.
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob