News:

We are back in a big way baby! New Site Redesign and new Remedy Comics every Monday Wednesday and Friday.

Main Menu

Citi

Started by Rob, May 25, 2009, 02:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Haven't talked to you in awhile. How goes it? You make Grifball Commissioner yet? If so... regret it yet? ;)

RomanArrow

He's an administrator.  And he's terrible.
Moderator: Here to help.

Citi

Only when I change rules so my team can make playoffs.
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

Well isn't that aperk of the office?

I suspended one of my players because I didn't want to make the playoffs. But we did anyway. We were just too awesome for me.  ::)

Citi

Wait. You were trying to not make playoffs?
C
I
T
I
V
S

Citi

Guess who's one of 3 Administrators running the grifball league next season!
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

Quote from: Citi on June 13, 2009, 01:18:53 AM
Guess who's one of 3 Administrators running the grifball league next season!

Your mom?

Citi

REAL original. You're such a Quikthnkr.
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

Quote from: Citi on June 13, 2009, 04:13:44 PM
REAL original. You're such a Quikthnkr.

That word should never be uttered in these halls.

He who shall not be named is DEAD!

Citi

C
I
T
I
V
S

Citi

PAX! Everyone go!

PAX 09!!!

I'm sure some of you know about some of the secret projects I have been working on. Well it's time to announce one. We have a Panel this year at PAX!!! On Saturday, September 5th, 2009 from 8:30 to 9:30 PST you can come to the first official AGLA Panel! The Panelists will include BurnieBurns (Grifball Creator), PP MooCow PP (Grifball Commissioner), Adam Pisani (Pro League Admin), I Citi I (Amateur League Admin), HighlandHellrazr (Amateur League Admin/GrifballHub rep) and HellSlayer (Grifball.org rep). Special thanks to Leo for the idea and helping put this together. The panel will have info ranging from Grifball's history, to its future, an exclusive video, a Q&A segment and special announcements.

Hope to see you there!
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

Man I wish I could. Always wanted to go to a PAX and if I was there I know you would totally invite me up for the panel. Since everyone would want to talk to me since I'm the greatest Grifball Commish EVAR!

Right? ;D

Citi

You joke, but you were the best.
C
I
T
I
V
S

Junodog

I have only just looked into this grifball thing, and it appears I need to look into it some more. *interested*

But of course I couldn't go to PAX even if I knew more about it on account of me living in the middle of nowhere.

Rob

Grifball can be a lot of fun when played for fun. And I had a lot of fun running the community too (although I did way more than was asked of me so it pretty much sucked the life out of me).

I had a lot of personal issues going on in my last season and as I was head of the league and a former champion I had pretty much reached the pinnacle of Grifball heights. There was nowhere else to go but down. So I retired at the top of my game and left it at that.

And as much as Citi likes to say that I was the best leader, there were a LOT of folks who could not stand me while I was running the league. Including the guy who took over for me and never really apologized for all the shit he gave me the last few weeks as I tried to parse my personal life and grifball life in proper proportions (this despite the fact that he, by most people's estimations, wasa poor subsititute for me who did little to support the initiatives I started; he clearly underestimated the job in both the time he thought he would have to devote to it and the manner in which he treated me while I was doing it).

Now the league is smaller and run by a lot more people. I reached out to a few friends who helped me, like Citi, when I was running things but the burden was on me. I'm gratified by the fact that many of the folks I tapped to help me when I was doing things are now running the league, helping run the league or are , like LB Country, doing other important things with Rooster Teeth.

That's my legacy. It's a shame the live show "Someday Night Grifball" and the weekly podcast "The Grifball Explosion" never really got the attention they deserved and have since somewhat withered and passed away. I knew as soon as my successor announced that he would not support them that they were fucked and there was nothing I could do about it. Citi made a go of it but without the folks running the league who have access to the Rooster Teeth crew actively participating it's almost impossible to keep the audience.

There were some very good players on my old team. One in particular was, at that time, considered the best ever. But as amazing as that kid was I was almost sorry to have him on the team. He gave everyone an excuse to discount the rest of us as holding onto his coat tails which just absolutely wasn't true.

We were all very good at the game. Even the Rooster Teeth member we were saddled with was without a doubt far better than the average player. We would play random pickup games against players that weren't used to playing together and Nico would go beast and slaughter most of thier team on his own. He's such a nice guy he actually played better when the other team got him mad. But mostly I think he just enjoyed finally beating the other Rooster Teeth guys at something; and I was glad to be a part of that.

The girls on our team were without a doubt in the top five of all girls in the league. Our primary ball runner, despite his mouth and disappointing level of arrogance was very good at what he did and I think the rest of us were pretty good too. There was a time, for awhile when I was the number one ball carrier in the league. It didn't last but it was true that, at that time, if I got my hands on the ball I scored a lot more often than not.

And I auctioned off my prize, my Recon armor, for charity and raised a pretty nice chunk of change for disabled war veterans. Approved by Bungie and Xbox Live it was only the second armor auction I have ever heard of.

I should call Burnie up and tell him I want to run the league again. And then just let that info ... slip to the guys running the league now.

Why I bet the level of drama would get almost as high as it did when I was actually commissioner. LOL.

But please, if I ever ask for that job again just shoot me. Back o' the head. Bango! :P  

Good luck at PAX man. I know you will represent! If someone gets some video of the panel definitely link me to it and I'll post about it in the blog.  ;)