News:

We are back in a big way baby! New Site Redesign and new Remedy Comics every Monday Wednesday and Friday.

Main Menu

March 13th, 2009: "Wow She's Hot"

Started by Citi, March 13, 2009, 05:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citi

QuoteJason, if you're wondering what to get me for my birthday, some filthy drawings of Artur's girlfriend are high on my list. That's right; I went there.

Artur might try and come into reality and kick the snot out of me but it's a chance I'm willing to take.

Since I don't have a facial icon for horndog I'll just leave you with my usual smirk. That said, I should probably photoshop it red right now. No I'm not embarrassed (as much as I should be); I got me a little too much sun on my fishing excursion this morning.

It was an interesting trip. The boat was like a really big rowboat except it had a small center console and a 115hp Yamaha engine. The water was too much for it though as we nearly capsized a half dozen times and I got soaked when water rushed over the back end.

I didn't mind the temperature. The Mexican fellow serving as guide/captain was obviously freezing but even with the wind blowing as hard as it was and as wet as I was I still never felt more than a mild chill. I was kept warm by the fact that in Connecticut it is probably snowing again; and really cold. I was also kept warm by my fear of death as the closest thing to a life preserver (that my guide told me would be on the boat) was a small sponge he used to soak up water on the deck.

The fishing was sparse at best. The water was just too violent. But all in all I'd say it was worth it and I've already put down a deposit to go again; with the caveat that it must be a nice weather day or I don't have to pay.

In my next picture update I'll put up a pic of the deathtrap that took my out into the Sea of Cortez. You'll either think me courageous or a damn idiot. Considering I've already paid to do it again probably the latter.

This blog has switched almost entirely from current events and pop culture commentary to "what's Rob doing in Mexico." Sorry about that. I need to go down to the internet cafe and spend some time on Fark and One Up; maybe a little Kotaku and slash dot as well.

I did see on CNN this afternoon that the stock market is back above 7k and there have been some indicators that the economy may be improving slightly. Now if we can just get the banks to stop cancelling everybody's credit cards, denying them loans and get employers to stop firing everyone they can spare maybe things willl start to get a bit better.

The Baja 250 starts over the next three days. I don't know whether to do my ostrich impression or join the madness, I'll let you know what I decide on Monday.

I hope you guys have a great weekend. I'll see you back here soon. But hopefully not too soon. I think we could all use a nice leisurely weekend.
C
I
T
I
V
S