News:

We are back in a big way baby! New Site Redesign and new Remedy Comics every Monday Wednesday and Friday.

Main Menu

My Trip So Far

Started by Rob, March 10, 2009, 03:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

All the images and two short movies are available here at my photobucket account.

I thought about reposting them all here but that sounded like a lot of work.  ;)

I did want to post this one though so you can see how far I've come.

Go to the photobucket account for a larger version of the map.

Citi

You've covered a ridiculous amount of miles.
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

Quote from: Citi on March 10, 2009, 02:07:13 PM
You've covered a ridiculous amount of miles.

It actually surprised me how fast it went by. Gives credence to those espousing a small world.

Citi

Here's my road trip that I took in August. I was super proud of myself for driving all this way by myself (no stops too!) in 22 hours, but then you had to go and one-up me.

C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

22 hours? What did you walk it? I did from CT to Melbourne Beach, FL for the last Gunslinger LAN I attended in like 19 hours.

You need to get a faster bike.  ;)

RomanArrow

Quote from: Rob on March 11, 2009, 11:03:22 PM
22 hours? What did you walk it? I did from CT to Melbourne Beach, FL for the last Gunslinger LAN I attended in like 19 hours.

That's what happens when you spend all your time getting gas money from rest-stop bathrooms....
Moderator: Here to help.

Rob

Quote from: RomanArrow on March 12, 2009, 01:00:52 AM

That's what happens when you spend all your time getting gas money from rest-stop bathrooms....

Oh no he di'int! :o

Citi

It was like 1500 miles. I thought 22 hours was amazing. I'm going to go cry in a bathroom stall while trying to make a buck or two.
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

Don't feel bad. Roman is mean but I have your back. I totally thought you went so slow because you kept picking up hitchhikers and then murdering the ones that didn't put out. It takes time to bury that many bodies.  :D

Citi

I was in a very murderous mood by the time I hit West Virginia that I started murdering the ones that did put out too. Never have I been so aggravated by idiots on the road. WV was by far the worst.
C
I
T
I
V
S

MrMadison

I want a motorcycle......I have my license for one...

And I want to do a trip like that at some point. Just get lost and keep going....but I don't plan on doing that for awhile.
but thats really cool....

Citi

A motorcycle trip would be awesome, as long as it wasn't cold outside...
C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

I used to ride a lot. Before I got creamed (for the second time in my life) by a 78 year old man who nearly killed me.

I rode from Connecticut down to Baltimore and back once.

I liked it, I mean it was ok.

Maybe I'm getting old but I don't think I'd like going on a trip this long without a car though. My ass got really numb on the way to Baltimore and I had 4 days in between my trip down and my trip back and I was still not thrilled with the idea of the drive back.

The biggest thing I missed about my bike was the freedom to just jump on and go. If all you need are the things in your pockets then a bike is the best thing in the world. I loved driving it to work and back.

But if there is weather, you need to get groceries or do laundry. Well then, not so much.

If it matters to you I had a GS 550

I suppose if I had a lot more money and a lot more time to sightsee and stuff it would be cool to take a month or so and just drive a bike around.

But if there is one thing that this trip has shown me it's that, in many ways the world is small. On a macro level, even in a car you can get from one place to another in a realtively short period of time.

But on another level, the in person, what you see before your eyes level, the world is huge. You can see something amazing on the road to where you are going but on your way to your destination you passed five hundred exits and one in ten of those had something amazing just a few miles up the road and you didn't even get close enough to see a sign for it.

The distance seems so small but the sheer quantity of things to see is practically infinite. I wish I had the money to do something like this forever.

I wonder if there is a career out there called drive around slowly and look at stuff that pays really well. Somehow I doubt it.

Citi

C
I
T
I
V
S

Rob

That's not driving around looking at stuff that's driving around point out other stuff to other people.