News:

We are back in a big way baby! New Site Redesign and new Remedy Comics every Monday Wednesday and Friday.

Main Menu

February 11th, 2009: "Cold and Flu Season in Hell"

Started by Citi, February 23, 2009, 08:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citi

QuoteSo that's it for our Halo/Grifball arc. I hope you enjoyed it. Someone suggested that this was a gay joke. It is not; it is a mistaken identity joke. I know it doesn't happen in Halo 3 much but in Halo 2 where proximity chat was far more prevalent it used to happen to me all the time. I actually missed proximity chat quite a bit in Halo 3. Whenever I wanted to have a private conversation with someone in Halo 2 I just got real close to them and talked. It was the closest I ever felt to a sort of virtual/real presence in cyberspace. I had to stand close to the person; their avatar would look me in the eyes and there were other people running around doing there thing, it was like a real life conversation.

So Monday was spent recovering from NY Comic Con. If you haven't read the blog with all the awesome art and photos please click the back button (or arrow) and do so. You will be glad you did.

Tuesday on the other hand was quiet. It went by incredibly fast. I am of course, sick again, with some god awful cold or something. I'm sure I probably got it at the Con. Ah well, you pack thirty thousand or so people into one place and have them all run around sweating up a storm and handling each other and sure enough someone's going to be giving out free samples of the sniffles.

I did get to spend some time with the Halo Wars demo and I liked it. I didn't love it. But it was fun. A couple small criticisms: I'm not crazy about the camera control. I wish I could zoom out further. It makes me feel very trapped to not be able to get a higher view of the battlefield. Like the view when the MAC gun is firing. I like that view.

Also I'm a little confused as to why the scarabs cost almost half of my population allotment if their overwhelming power is truly offset by the human MAC gun. I think they may have some balance issues there. I was kind of surprised the human AI never used the MAC on me. Not even once.

All of that said, the feel and flow of the game is definitely Halo. Even the elites looking funny didn't change that. And the story is intriguing. I'm looking forward to killing The Arbiter. If you liked Starcraft; and really who didn't, you will enjoy the demo.

We have uploaded another sweet chunk of Sentimental Horde comics for you and we'll be adding more in the weeks to come. Enjoy!

I hope you have a great day. See you back here Friday for another dose.
C
I
T
I
V
S